Saturday, January 01, 2005
A new year! Y
A new year!! How exciting! :D
Anyway, lemme tell you how I celebrated my new year. Well, we had a watchnight service down at church. Annddd boy was it crowded at the chapel! Sooo crowded that the youths had to go on the floor and chairs had to be placed beside the benches so that people could sit down. It was mega mega packed in the house of the Lord.
Then, (Oh my, did I mention that Lena's back?! Well, she is !!!) we found a comfortable spot on the carpeted floor. And it was hilarious, cause Lena didn't noe we were sitting on the floor, and as what huiyi and I have expected, she didn't bring any pants with her back to Singapore. Heh. So there she was, in her mini skirt and hmmm... on the floor. Butttt! With jacket after sweaters on her lap. And Andrea kept teasing her saying that all the che koh peks (old pervertic man?) will be sitting behind her. Haha. Luckily yi had extra pants and so lena was in high heels, berms and a pretty black top. Silly silly. But since we were on the floor, there was hardly any time for high heels.
It started off with good ol' worship. Fantastic. :) There were songs that were sung in Mandarin. :S And the characters flashed on the screen looked foreign. (Aye, speaking of chinese, I hope I pass my A'level Chinese lehh.. :S Don't wanna re-take lor. Bahh.) So we had worship, then we had sermon! Funny funny. Cause Senior Pastor Lim was doing her sermon and his wife was the translator for the Canto side. So it was just English and Canto. And since I don't understand Canto, there were some reallie funny translations, and so Andrea and Nat had to keep translating it for all of us. So it was like English to Canto and back to English for us. Haha. The laughter was the loudest for one part of the sermon, which was regarding the male lion and the female lion. :D
Then we had the various performance! First up was the youth, so we did our praise song. Awesome stuff. It was like some hardcore workout. :S I hope I grew taller from all that jumping and lost some weight. :D And Lena was like "That's my exercise for the month" Good good. But most of all, jumping for God is what's most important!! And cause jumping was tiring, Andrea came up with the "just bounce, like bend ur knees, bounce". ..................................... ... ...
you get the point. :)
Then it was the English Choir! Hahaha. The conductor was so passionate about his conducting, that he kept doing big, and I mean massive actions!! Quite a sight. Then they had the hokkien choir, they were goooddd. Yes yes yes, esp that man! My goodness! He's sooo talented. LOL His voice reminds me of some chinese pop singer (that last song he sang?). Then the english drama people came up. They were fuunnnyy! And Jeanie acted well. :D Hilarious! Kept the audience laughing all the way. Haha.
Oh oh, then it was time for countdown! :D How quick time flies. So everyone counted down together and it ended up in hugs and well wishers for the new year! :D
What a fantastic way to start the new year.
I am seriously worried of what this year brings. For this year is A'levels year... And I heard that A'levels ain't that easy... Requires much much hardwork. *sigh* But Matthew 6:25 onwards tells us that we need not worry! We do our part and let God do His part. :)
That means, yvonne!! You better start paying attention in class, doing ur h-work and stop slacking!
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34
www.bleurghhh.blogspot.com<3
1:32 PM